- Carom seeds provide relief from acidity and indigestion.
- Carom seeds help in the treatment of common cold, ear aches and toothaches
- It helps reduce ear and toothaches.
- It acts as a digestive aid.
- Carom seeds contain thymol which is believed to help fight against infections caused by fungus and bacteria.
For acidity – Heat a tablespoon of roasted carom seeds in water, filter them out and drink the flavoured water.
Fenugreek Seeds ( Methi Seeds or मेथी के बीज )
- The antioxidants and fiber present in organic fenugreek seeds help in clearing harmful toxins from the body.
- Consuming fenugreek seeds aids in digestion and helps prevent constipation
- These seeds can reduce menstrual discomfort and symptoms of menopause.
- Increase in muscle strength, energy and well-being in men.
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- It contains high level of soluble fiber, which helps lower blood sugar by slowing down digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, thereby aiding in alleviating type 2 diabetes.
- Dry or roast fenugreek seeds to bring out a sweet and aromatic flavor. Can be added to curries, bread, chutneys, vegetables, pot roasts
- For weight loss and flushing out the harmful toxins, soak one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight and consume it in the morning.
- Indian preparations: Meethi paneer, Meeti dal, Aloo methi, methi chutney, Sprouted methi salad
Cumin Seeds ( Jeera or जीरा )
Cumin seeds have shown promising results for: *Weight loss *Improving insulin sensitivity *Anaemia (as it contains iron) *Reducing bloating *Makes skin healthy *Abdominal ache relief *Reducing acidity
- Dry fry it on a pan and then add it as a flavor to various dishes
- It can be crushed and added to buttermilk
- For weigh-loss and diabetics – A spoonful of cumin can be added to a glass of water, which can be had all day.
- For bloating, anorexia, and abdominal ache – Crush cumin, add ajwain and black salt. Put the mixture in warm water and drink it.
- For acidity- Soak overnight in a glass of water and drink it up in the morning.
- Black pepper contains Piperine which stimulates the stomach to secrete more hydrochloric acid that speeds digestion. A bit of pepper in meals will help digest food faster.
- It consists of potassium that helps regulate heart rate and high blood pressure.
- Consuming black pepper helps you sweat and urinate a lot which flushes toxins out.
- It helps produce red blood cells in your body.
- It is filled with vitamin B and calcium.
- Black pepper is antibacterial in nature and gives relief from cold and cough. Add a tablespoon of honey to freshly crushed pepper for quick relief.
- A pinch of black pepper in your daily diet can act as a weight-loss supplement.