Carom Seeds / Ajwain Seeds / Bishop’s Weed
Traditional Indian cuisine and Ayurvedic medicine have recommended the use of Carom seeds for ages.
They are believed to be effective in treating peptic ulcers and reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels due to their antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Carom seeds treat ulcers and provide relief from acidity and indigestion.
- Carom seeds help treat the common cold.
- It helps reduce ear and toothaches.
- Being high in antioxidants helps prevent greying.
- It acts as a digestive aid.
- It helps eliminate constipation, which prevents bloating and cramping and even lowers the risk of gastric ulcers.
- Carom seeds contain thymol. Thymol is believed to support the fight against fungus and bacteria.
- Helps cleanse cause skin.
- Mix mustard oil and with carom seeds, paste it on a small cardboard piece and place it in different corners of the house.
- It acts as a mosquito repellent
- For acidity – Heat a tablespoon of roasted carom seeds in water, filter them out and drink the flavored water.